GOTS Certificate

Kitikate is a proud GOTS certificate holder. 

  • GOTS stands for Global Organic Textile Standard and everything essential is comprised in those four letters.
  • GOTS is the world most recognized proccessing standard for textiles made from organic fibers.
  • This certificate is a guarantee of the highest environmental and ethical standards maintained throughout the product life cycle.
  • We therefore promise you to defend Fair Trade principles and Bio product standards from the moment of planting cotton seeds, through production and to the actual distribution of the final product.

The strict GOTS standards are not simply and solely prescribed for the textile manufacturing process, they are also used throughout all stages of cotton growing. Organic cotton with a GOTS certificate is thus always grown in accordance with so-called Fair Trade principles and standards, therefore proving company's compliance with social criteria defined by authorized organizations throughout the entire supply chain.

The packaging and distribution of products are also inspected stringently and controlled by independent bodies and inspections. Accreditation and certification of new processors, manufacturers and traders are carried out by independent, specially accredited bodies of the GOTS system, and is aimed primarily at providing future customers with the assurance that the product in question meets specific requirements.

Ecological requirements proving the 100% health safety of a product with GOTS certification are a matter of course. Pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals and other substances are not used in the production processes of GOTS certified companies. High quality criteria make GOTS certification the most recognized and most commonly used standard today.

GOTS CERTIFICATE OFFERS TWO LABEL GRADES

a) organic – to meet the "organic" grade requirements no less than 95% of the fiber content of the products in question must be of certified organic origin or from so-called "in conversion" period, the rest 5 % of the fiber content of the products in question may be made of non-organic fibers but are srictly defined and regulated - no GMO fibers are allowed to be used and blending organic and conventional fibers of the same type inthe same prodct is strictly prohibited. These 5% are most often used to add elastane into the products which are subject to high loads such as underwear and sportswear. 

b) made with x % organic materials – in this case no less than 70% of the fiber content of the products in question is required to be of certified organic origin or from "in conversion" period, the rest 30 % of the fiber content of the products in question are - again - permitted to be made of non-organic fibers but are - again - subject to strict regulations: raw materials used must be non-GMO, use of recycled synthetic fibers must be limited to a maximum of 10% (resp. 25% for socks, leggings and sportwear), no blending of organic and conventional fibers of the same type in the same product is allowed.